Chief Financial Officer Apply Now
The primary responsibility of the CFO is to prepare and implement financial strategy, policies and procedures and financial controls framework in order to ensure the achievement of institution wise financial objectives, controls and financial stability. The person will ensure internal controls are effectively in place and functional. He/she will also ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The incumbent will be leading Finance functions including Accounting and General Ledger, Financial/Management/Regulatory reporting, Forecast and Budgeting, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Annual/periodic audits facilitations, Taxation, Finance systems, Grants/Funds management and Treasury. This job reports to the CEO and the incumbent shall function in accordance with the applicable policies and regulations.
- As member of senior management, CFO shall assist the CEO in:
(a) providing strategic direction to the institution through strategy formulation, decision making, forecast/budgeting and its implementation/monitoring
(b) establishing and implementing internal controls and ensuring efficient and effective financial operations as per industry benchmarks.
- Ensure that Financial and Accounting policies & procedures are in accordance with statutory regulations and global standards and complying with risk management and internal controls.
- Take charge of Finance, Accounts and Taxation matters. Ensure that all accounting records are properly and timely maintained, reporting cycles and other associated engagements are successfully performed in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Approve: a. Periodic Financial Statements and monthly internal reports.
b. Financial Accounting System including Chart of Accounts and Account Codes.
c. All payments exceeding set materiality.
d. Payroll summary.
- Finalize annual financial statements/ periodic financial statements (where required), get them audited from External Auditors and place them before the organization for consideration and approval.
- Prepare financial projections and budgets in line with the business plan and get these approved from senior management.
- Ensure implementation of proper accounting system for bookkeeping, operational support/MIS as per best industry practices.
- Ensuring maintaining effective relationships and co-ordination with key stakeholders including related entities, government bodies, etc.
- Monitor the overall funding status, disbursements, repayment and related reportings.
- Assist in training & resource development initiatives focusing on knowledge, skills and attitudes for building capacities to deliver on present positions and build long term capability to shoulder additional responsibilities.
- Assist in implementing a performance Management system to recognize and reward good performance and promote a culture of accountability and merit.
- Creating business value through technology, ensuring the tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with institution goals. Ensuring availability of timely and reliable information in the organization through technology/digital platforms.
1 Positions are available
- Chartered Accountant (ICAP) (ideally trained in a Big4 Accounting Firm) or Cost and management accountant (ICMAP). Member of a recognized foreign accountancy organization. 18 year degree (Masters) in Finance or equivalent.
- 16-20 years plus total experience, with min 5 years as CFO in a reputable institution/ organization.
- Must have managed funds more than 80 million or higher
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g.ORACLE, SAP).